The Olive Branch Animal Rescue & Refuge, Inc.receives calls on a daily basis. Most of the calls are animals that are strays, pet owners that no longer can keep their pets and animals coming from an abusive situation or a shelter that is not able to keep the animals for a long period of time.
The Olive Branch adoption fee for adoptions is not a sale price, but a non-refundable donation or request to reimburse the Olive Branch for any/all vet expenses incurred by the animal or the Olive Branch to further prepare the animal for adoption.
We are a non profit no kill organization, we rely on the donation fees from adoptions, and from people who donate for the love of the animal, plus any fundraisers that we have.
All of the animals that live at the Olive Branch have veterinary care until adopted.
Spay or Neuter for animals over 6 months of age. Age Appropriate Vaccinations.
Flea applications for Fleas & Ticks De-worming Heartworm & Lyme testing for dogs
Feline Leukemia Testing for cats Health Certificate upon adoption.
All of our animals that have been approved for adoption have a Pre-Adoption Physical Exam. If for some reason the animal is not neutered or spayed, for instance a puppy that is not old enough for the procedure, the Olive Branch Animal Rescue & Refuge, Inc. request that verification be sent to the Olive Branch within a specified amount of time depending on the age of the pet in accordance with our adoption contract.
If no verification is sent we have the right to check for neuter or spaying if the procedure hasn't been completed we have the right to take the pet back for the procedure at the owners expense.
The adoption fee of $175.00 for dogs and $125.00 for puppies altered this fee is non refundable if the pet is returned. At this time cats/kittens is $60.00 with the same procedure as the dogs and puppies. We work very hard to place our pets in the most suitable homes knowing that the pet will have a forever family.
Most prospective parents ask why to this procedure. It is the Olive Branch's attempt to deal with the severe problem of constant breeding which causes the animal overpopulation that we currently have. Also the Olive Branch feels that we must do whatever we can to help the millions of animals that are abandoned and euthanized every day.
As of 2005 West Virginia has finally pass a law that all animals from Rescues, Shelters etc. must be spayed or neutered when adopted. If the animal is not of age, verification is required when the procedure is complete.
This includes their routine shots and Rabies for the year if old enough. Neutering/spaying, heartworm & Lyme test if old enough, along with grooming and Frontline Plus applied.
Three sets of shots starting at the age of 6 weeks, including a Feline
Leukemia test for cats and Heartworm test dogs along with the rabies vaccine when old enough.
Approval of adoption the pet is micro-chipped for ID purposes. We automatically micro-chip for dogs and upon request of the adopter for cats.
All of our pets that are adopted will have a medical history report along with a health certificate.
Please remember if a puppy or kitten is adopted and not old enough for the altering procedure verification must be sent to the Olive Branch at the required date on the adoption contract. If the procedure is not completed the Olive Branch as the right to take the adopted pet back with a non refundable adoption fee. THIS IS FOR THE PROTECTION OF THE PET.
10 COMMANDMENTS FOR ADOPTION
1. My life is likely to last 10 - 15 years. Any seperation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you and Yet I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please, Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love so.